So Naturally even though I’m not going to Budapest until August, I wanted at least a brief overview of some of the things I wanna see and do!
I feel like the list is already pretty long but if you all know any places I have missed off then that would be amazing, I’m there for 10 whole days, so that is a lot of sight seeing to get done.
I’m really into the architecture in Budapest because it looks absolutely marvellous and so beautifully done. My wonderful friend Sophie has just been to Budapest and all her photos look amazing and she sounded like she had the best time so its giving me the anticipation I need! I get the feeling its going to be a very aesthetically pleasing visit and this makes me happy. Apparently you can smoke in the bars as well (this matters to me because I smoke like a chimney).
Any Recommendations regarding food and bars and drinks as well would be really appreciated! I don’t want to elaborate on too much about the places I’ve got on the list already because I will talk about them plenty when the time finally comes to go to Budapest!
So here are some of the wonderful things I want to see and do;
- Buda Castle – Currenty houses the National Gallery in a very beautiful building.
- Fisherman’s Bastion – A 19th century Fortress!
- Hungarian Parliament Building – Explains itself really but apparently the building is one of the more beautiful ones to see.
- Szechenyl thermal bath – I’ll be heading here for definite as I’m going to Budafest, so one of their parties is the Spa Parties! Which is held in the beautiful and yellow coloured heated spa facilities!
- Matthias Church – More gorgeous architecture.
- St Stephens Basillica – Roman Catholic Place of worship!
- Chain Bridge – 19th Century landmark and suspended bridge.
- Hosok tere – Part of the UNESCO world Heritage sites! With statues of the 7 tribes who founded Hungary! Also smetimes know as Hero’s Square!
- Margaret Island – A Really lovely Park between Buda and Pest!
- Great Market Hall – A small shopping mall! Souvenirs on the 1st floor and food on the bottom!
- Gellert Hill – 235m Hill overlooking the Danube!
- Vajdahunyad Castle – The evolution of Hungarian Architecture in on castle!
- City Park – A huge park to relax and plenty to see inside as well i’m sure!
- Liberty Bridge – Connects Buda and Pest!
- House of Terror – A museum on the nazi and soveit reign! I love things like this, its so historical and moving, really catches my interest. I adore dark tourism.
- Citadel – This building is the symbol of the city!
- Shoes on the Danube – A memorial for those who were killed at the river by a fascist party in the holocaust time.
- Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden – Says it all really! A gorgeous Garden and A zoo!! Whats more fun than that!!
- Gellert Hill Cave – Before a monastery, now a grotto chapel in the mountain!
- Budafest – THE BEST DAYS EVERRRRRRRRRRRR, A 3 day festival where some of my favourite artists are performing, one part of the party is even in the thermal spa! Its going to be an awesome, cheap and fun few days!